Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

September 25, 2009

Being sick is lousy. It tends to bring out the self-piteous worst side of me. I threw somewhat of a fit this morning in my mind when I realized that regardless of how cruddy I felt, I was still going to have to get up, shower, take care of someone else - you mean no one's going to take care of ME!? - and even take the cat to the vet.
No, this is NOT a Safeway ad. It was the results of my shopping trip this morning and it's been the majority of my diet for today.

However, the whole sick situation is made significantly better, when amazing husbands like mine do something like this.
(Brought to me in bed.)
And then top it off with something like this.
Seriously? Where did this guy come from? Nevermind. It doesn't even matter. I just praise God he's mine. :) (Although sometime I will have to share with you all where he did come from and how he came to be mine.)

Fortunately, a kind nurse on the phone reassurred me that although I'm feeling miserable, Danilo will likely do better than me and probably not get what I have, unless I breathe directly in his face and purposely sneeze all over him. Apparently - miracle of all miracles that God made our bodies to be - nursing gives him all the good antibodies to the very diseases that I'm exposed to, therefore allowing him to fight it off better, and passes on none of the viruses themselves. Is that not amazing!? God is so cool.

So my little guy just keeps growing and growing. Did you know he's going to be three months old next week? Sheesh. That can't be possible.

By the way, he says hello. See? He's waving.
He can lift his head up pretty well during his tummy time now.
He loves to kick his legs. Especially during a diaper-change.
He's going to be scooting around before I know it!

No comments: