Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

January 8, 2011

stream of consciousness

To all the single moms out there... I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU DO IT.  That's all I have to say about that.  

We've been keeping pretty busy around here.  Between work, Danny, meals and laundry, I have hardly had time to think.  Rest assured, we're keeping it pretty fun around here, though.  


I am, however, completely exhausted, so this post is gonna be pretty short and nowhere near as thought provoking or well-written as the last one.  It's day 3 of Alejandro being gone (but who's counting, right?).  I figure that right around the time he gets back I'll have figured out how to do this thing without running myself ragged.  I was optimistic about church tomorrow, but I decided to just get up in time for Danny's breakfast and see how I feel.  I need some down-time bad.  And Danny has had lotsa' lovin' from friends, but could seriously use some one-on-one time with Mama.  We also plan on visiting via Skype with Alejandro tomorrow.  That will be nice.  

Speaking of Alejandro, he sent me this picture from his phone yesterday of the sunset as he was coming over the hills into East County of San Diego.  


Stunning.  It almost made me wish I was with him.  Then I re-contemplated a 20 hour drive with an 18-month-old and 3 weeks of living from suitcases with an 18-month-old for the second time in six months and decided against it quickly.  For the 14 billionth time.  

If things continue as they are, though, there's no possible way I'm gonna cook through all of my planned meals and the time will go quickly.  

By the way, if you sent me a comment on my last post, I have read it and am just really slow to get back to you.  I'm sorry!  I'm also without my laptop for these few weeks so I can't catch up on stuff from the floor while Danny plays.

One other tid-bit of news from Costa Rica.  My Father-in-Law, Freddy is back in the hospital, but this time with GREAT news.  If you are new to this blog or just don't remember (because it's been months since I've written an update) he was battling colon cancer.  Yes, I said was.  :-)  The treatment he was on was successful and he has been cancer-free for months now.  I was hesitant to say anything because we wanted to be sure, but the doctors are confident enough now, that they are doing surgery (the reason he's back in the hospital) to remove the bag that substituted for his intestines.  Hooraaaaaaay!

And that, I think, is a perfect way to end this post.

Goodnight friends,

No comments: