Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

January 29, 2011

A Day Of Rest

Today is my day off.  Well, at least from my business, that is.  When I first become completely self-employed, it was hard to get myself to work.  Now, it's hard to get myself to quit working.  Both are significant problems and both need to be carefully monitored or disaster (to my business) ensues.  It's a balance.  Anyway, making sure that I have an actual weekend and a full 24 hours (at least) of rest is really important and often hard to achieve.  Especially because I love what I do and I want to always be there for my people.

Danny is just barely stirring from his very long nap (thank goodness, because he was up 3 times with teething trouble between 3 and 6 a.m.) so this post is going to be fairly quickly put together.

We still don't have an exact date, but it seems as though Alejandro may be able to make it home by next weekend.  It will be a total of 4 weeks without him once he returns, if he does indeed make it home next weekend.  Phew.  I'm more than ready to have him home.  I definitely miss him and I'm definitely worn down.  (Hence the great thankfulness that God commanded us to take a day of rest no matter what presses at our door.)  My Dad wrote this great post with pictures of more of what Alejandro has been up to.

I've sort of figured out some systems though, to help me get through these four weeks on my own, without allowing my business to fall through the floor, and it is an odd sort of feeling to have pride in having figured that out.  There is sort of a "I would be ok" sort of feeling if (God forbid) I ever did have to do this parenting thing on my own.  Ok, minus the crippling loss and emotional heart-wrench.  Given that, I definitely wouldn't be able to do it.  But I now get how single moms and military moms make it through.  You just figure it out.  You just do it.  And plus some simple systems help greatly.

Alright, it's time for me to go grab some Tylenol (my head is killing me) and to get Danny up.  But before I go, I'll leave you with a few new recipes over at Mi Cocina and some great pictures that Matt took of our two boys hanging out last week:


















No comments: