Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

January 12, 2011

Play Dough

PLEASE EXCUSE THE PICTURE QUALITY.  
THE ONLY THING WITHIN REACH WAS MY PHONE.

The other night, Danny and I made play dough.  


He totally loved it.  So did I.


He tried drinking the remains of the flower from the cup.   


I let him stir the little empty bowl while I stirred a larger one, although he managed to reach the spoon into my bowl several times.  


Yep.  He got it everywhere including his face helped.  He also picked the color.  I held them up and he pointed to blue.


He was content to watch me stir the hot play dough from his step-stool safely out of arm's reach.


He wasn't too keen on the smell or feel when it was time to knead the warm dough, but in this cold snowy weather, it felt wonderful on my hands!


The first thing he did was try to eat it.  


He gagged (as evidenced by the red teary nose and eyes in this picture, although it's hard to tell) and he did not try eating it again.  


I helped form shapes.  He squished and experimented.  


He wasn't to sure what to do with a big blob of it but once I made forms out of it, he got more interested.  



We are definitely going to have to do this more often.  


Want the recipe for the home-made play dough?  Just click on Mi Cocina for it.  

No comments: