Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

January 9, 2011

Meals These Days

Danny adores sitting at the "big" table with the rest of us. Er, me, since I'm the only other person at the moment.

The other night when I was at Christy's house for dinner his eyes lit up like saucers when we pulled him right up to the table with the rest of us. He was so well behaved I asked him who he was and what he'd done with my son. When the group bowed our heads to pray, he folded his tiny hands and stared at his thumbs to talk to Jesus. He spooned the majority of his food into his own mouth and when his hands were annoyingly sticky, he thrust them out for me to wipe them clean.

I was a proud Mama.

So I decided it was time to switch up the routine at home, starting with dinner last night.


Today I pulled up a stepstool to the kitchen sink for him to wash his hands. I can tell that's going to be a favorite part of the routine. It has (for the most part) been working like a dream.

...Of course - Murphy's Law - since I'm now writing about it, he just threw a massive fit. (Sigh.) Life with a toddler. Never a dull moment.

No comments: