Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

January 12, 2011

Happy One and a Half Birthday


Only 13 days late, but here you go!

Dear Danilo,

You are one and a half!  And you are up to SO much these days!  It's hard to even get it all in one letter, but here goes. 

First of all, I adore you more and more each day.  I know.  I say that every time.  I can't help it.  It's the mommy in me.  As your personality and character blossoms, I am more and more impressed with who God is making you into.  You are determined.  Strong willed.  Confident.  Playful.  Smart.  Oh, are you so smart.  Fun.  Your giggle is like manna flowing down from heaven.  Loving.  You surprise me often by planting a big wet kiss on my cheek when I least expect it or laying your head on my shoulder with a deep sigh of satisfaction.  It's just fabulous.  Curious.  You get into everything.  Talkative.  

This month you got your first hair-cut! (Finally!)


I did it.  I think it came out pretty well, considering I hadn't ever cut hair before.  I didn't touch the top, so it's still wispy and unruly.  Just the back. 


You are doing all kinds of walking these days.  You walk more than you crawl now, since you've finally become faster at walking than crawling.  Your talk is more and more conversational these days, although I can hardly ever understand what you are saying.  

Oh, except this conversation:  

You: "No."
Me: "Yes."
You: "No."
Me: "Yes."
You: "No."  

Ok, you get the point.  It was hysterically funny.  To me at least.  For now at least.  

The other day when I said, "Dear God..." before bed, you folded your hands and started to pray before I did.  It made my heart happy.  

You LOVE to play hide and seek.  You also love to scrunch up your nose and squish your face against mine. You love to sit at the big table to eat.  You pretty much love being a part of everything we do.  Being left out is not your favorite.  You like books and you look forward to book time in your crib every morning.  (So do I.  You keep me goin' kiddo!)  You play in the bath until the bath water is either cold or gone because you drank it, whichever happens first.  

Oh, and you LOVE snow.  


This was New Year's Eve, which is, incidentally, the day after your half-birthday.


It was only 3 degrees out, so the sledding was short-lived.  We tried the park, but it turns out that our driveway was the best option of all.  


Here you are stepping in it for the first time.  




That's my Colorado kiddo!  You also love shoveling snow and sweeping indoors.  Your Papa and I are really excited about this.  I'm hoping it becomes a life-long hobby of yours.  




You cried when Papa took the shovel away.  



Oh and your Papa.  That's another one of your great loves.  Boy oh boy, do you love your Papa.  The two of you are best friends.  



And man oh man, does he love you back or what!  




(You shoveled for a long time and you were so cute.  I just kept snapping away and I couldn't stand not to post them all.)  



Anyway, after long last, we got out the sled.  Papa tested it first, just to make sure it would work right.  


It did.  


You 


were


delighted.  


Oh, what a day it was.  When you were finally down for your daily afternoon nap and your new tiny boots were drying, your giggle when you were sliding down that driveway just kept echoing in my mind.  


You make my life infinitely richer, kiddo.  Happy Half-Birthday! 

Love,
Mama

No comments: