Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

January 24, 2011

Sittin'. Waitin'. Writin'.


Well, our weekend in Albuquerque visiting with Alejandro and our extended family is over and we are headed home.

It was a wonderfully relaxing, romantic, precious weekend.  Alejandro and I are more motivated than ever to get back home and get to work so we can be back together.  Of course, *I* can't do anything to make his work go faster, but I think moral support can do wonders.  For those of you who are wondering, we still don't have an exact date of his return... but it will probably be two more weeks.  That doesn't seem so long anymore.

I wrote here about how I thought this time apart would be good for us.  It has been hard, but I do think it has been good.  Our appreciation for each other has been renewed and we have had to renew our efforts to improve our communication, making sure that it is not only clear, but also full of love, appreciation, affection, and encouragement.  I feel I have a lot of work to do in that area.

I have been reading Teaching Tuck and Ty lately.  Trisha lost her husband suddenly to illness on December 23rd, just one short month ago.  This blog has me thinking A LOT about making every moment count, and cherishing the times we do have together.

I have more thoughts on that now, but we are boarding, so I'd better sign off.  See you all in Colorado Springs!

No comments: