Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

February 14, 2010

To my Valentines...

Babe, you make my heart flutter. I love you more than anything. My heart is so intertwined with yours, lots of times I don't know where I end and you begin. I love all the fun, silly, serious, crack-me-up, gross, spiritual, carnal, and all things about you. I love your morning grogginess and how you groan, roll over three times, hug me, and sigh deeply, all before you realize you're even awake. I love how you get up EverySingleMorning and head out into the cold to work hard and how you put such intentionality into the jobs you do and how you honor God by doing work of such quality. I don't know how you do it every day, but you do. I love how you long to seek the Lord passionately with all your heart and how you come running back to Him no matter how many times you fall. I love the incredible father you have become. One of my greatest delights is watching you and our son stare into each other's eyes full of mischief and laughter while cracking up in your secret language. Babe, I love it when you pull me close and I get lost in your kisses. I love that you're my best friend, not just my husband and how we laugh and marvel through our days together. You fill my life up.

Little Baby, you make my heart flutter. I love you more than anything. My heart is so wrapped up in your little world I don't know if it's possible that there was ever a time you weren't around. I love hearing you every morning before I make it into your room as you play loudly in your crib. I love that first look at you, no matter how early it is, and how you look up at me with eyes full of excitement at seeing your Mama standing over you. I love spending my days with you, working, playing, diaper-changing, napping, waking, ever-changing. I love how you are known for your smile and your joy and how you bring laughter to anyone you are around. People ask me if you're always this happy and I just say yes. I love how you approach each new thing with intentionality and concentration. I love how you love your pears and you scrunch your face at your peas but you eat them anyway. I love the bundle of energy packed into your small frame. I love how when you're tired you reach for me and bury your face in my neck with a loud sigh and a giddy grin as you try to pretend you're not tired yet. I love your wet kisses, as you grab my cheeks and pull my face towards you and plant your open mouth on my cheek and just leave it there because you don't know how to kiss yet. I love how you say "Mama" and (as of a few days ago) "Dada." I love that you're my little man, exploring new horizons every day. You fill my life up.

Jesus, you make my heart flutter. I love you more than I even know how to love. My heart is so overwhelmed and full of your love, I don't remember where I end and you begin. I love you for teaching me what True Love is and for showing me how to do it every day. I love the joy you give me every moment even through trials and uncertainties and how you reassure me of your protection and comfort each new day. I am so in love with You, my First Love. I am delighted each moment with the two other Valentines you have placed in my life and how you love me through both of them. I love the rising sun that lights up the snow every morning as I sit with my Little Valentine and I love the light in the sky as the sun sets over the mountains in the evening as I sit with my Big Valentine. There is nothing better than a life with You and the adventures you take me on through the moments, days, months and years. Jesus I want you to be the center of my world, more today than yesterday. You fill my life up.

Happy Valentines Day, you three.
I love you.