Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

February 2, 2010

Asking for Your Prayer‏

You may remember here, when I celebrated for my bestest favoritest younger sister when she gave her life back to God...

After praying for her for over ten years, I could hardly believe it. I was beside myself when I began to see the sweet transformation through the softening of her heart. All of her same wonderful talents and traits shine even brighter now as she uses them for His purpose. But it did not come without a price.

It never does.

The price Lisa paid seems a little higher than most (not that it truly is, but to a sister it hurts more). Because the event that eventually led to her seeking the Lord once again was an argument that ended in abuse and sustained injuries including the fracturing of her skull. Lisa beautifully wrote: "The day I discovered how one's face can actually be rearranged was the day God made to rearrange my life."

Fortunately, her physical injuries resulted in no permanent damage and she is recovering fine (albeit slowly).

What I (and she) ask your prayer for is for her emotional strength, particularly this week, as she has traveled to Oregon (from San Diego with my mom) to testify in court against a man she loves.

Please pray...

...that the Lord would speak the right words through her on the stand.

...that she would have peace and rest and comfort.

...for protection against fear and against retaliation.

...(my prayer) that through this experience she would realize the deep and sustaining love of our Father in ALL things.

...(you can pray over her) Luke 12:25, James 1:2-4, Isaiah 43:1-2, 1 Thess 5: 15-22 - these are verses she takes comfort in.

Lisa reads this blog, so please leave a comment and let her know you're praying. I know it would mean a lot to her.

She is in Oregon with my Mom now and is meeting with the D.A. of Oregon for preparation and coaching. The trial will be Thursday morning around 8 or 9 a.m. As I know more details, I'll post them right here. You can also follow me on Twitter or add me as a friend on Facebook ("Renee Chinchilla Porras"), as I'll be sharing what I know, as I know it on Thursday morning.

Thank you everybody!

________________________
*Update: My Step-Dad, who is a lawyer is there with her too. (yay!)