Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

December 3, 2009

San Diego Trip: Day 4 & 5

I'm back with more fabulous pictures of our trip to San Diego last week! On Tuesday, Alejandro and I took our little one down to Sea Port Village, one of our favorite places!

It's a cluster of shops and eateries right on the bay.

We hardly ever do any real shopping there, but we do like to do lots of walking and looking and talking.

Who wouldn't? The place is just gorgeous!

See?

We love to look at all the random people there doin' their thing. Like this guy. He balances rocks for a living.
Ha! "Honey, I think I'm considering a career in balancing rocks. What do you think? No?" Ahem.

And then this guy, who draws people for a living.
It was fun.

Danny spent most of the afternoon avoiding the sun in his eyes. That's because his Mommy forgot a sun hat. Who takes their baby to California and remembers snow hats and forgets sun hats!

That would be me.
And here we are three enjoying the sunset!
Later that evening, we headed over to Ben, Juli, Eleanor and Lucy's house for dinner! We've been friends with these great people for a LONG time. Actually, Ben and I have been friends for a long time. Like, since we were born!

Ya know, cause we're SO old. And stuff.

But anyway, that made it particularly fun for our babies to do this together!

That's because somewhere in the depths of the picture files, there certainly exists a picture somewhere with Ben and I in the bath together with our siblings when we were about knee-high to a grasshopper. Back when we played he-man and she-ra together.

Yes, Juli. I have bathed with your husband. Ahem.

I couldn't find that picture, but I did find remnants of the he-man and she-ra craze. Ben somehow managed to avoid getting caught in such an embarrassing photo, so I thought I'd just embarrass myself for the both of us.

Here you go!
You have to admit that is the rockinest costume you ever did see. There were a number of years when my mom hand-sewed our Halloween costumes. I think the Rainbow Bright costume that my sister is in is by far her finest sewn creation.

Anyway, back to our trip...

After filling our tummies at Nicholosi's on the second day of our trip, and filling our tummies at Ben and Juli's house... ...before filling our tummies with Thanksgiving dinner and wedding cake and leftovers and breakfast at our favorite beach-side restaurant, we felt the need to stop in at another favorite place to eat: Miguel's Cocina.

All I have to say is White Cheese Sauce.

Oh yumm.

That's day 4 and 5!

Day 6 - Turkey Day and Wedding Day wrapped into one... is on its way soon!