Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

December 29, 2010

This and That

Let's see...  what's buzzin' around in my brain tonight?

Well, the Love-A-Thon for Kingdom Twindom is almost coming to a close.  We are at 96% with only $37 to go.  I just can't even believe it!  I am so honored that you all would step up and bless Sarah so much.  The Bible speaks over and over about how we as a church are to take care of widows and orphans.  I believe single moms and their families fall into that category, and I am so amazed at how this little blog community has become the living, breathing, blessing, praying and supporting Church.  Ya'll are just awesome. 

(There's that ya'll word comin' out of my Southern California mouth of mine...  sigh. I just can't help it.)

As promised, I have posted the recipes for our Christmas Eve dinner over at

Photobucket

There, you will find Costa Rican style pork shoulder, a link to Pioneer Woman's creamy mashed potatoes, and the breakfast strata we enjoyed Christmas morning.  I haven't managed to extract the recipe for the rice from my husband's brain yet, but when I do, I'll be sure to share.  :) 

Tomorrow one of my closest friends - she became really close rather quickly in the last several months - is undergoing major surgery.  Would ya'll pray for her please?  I've really got my undies in a bunch over it tonight.  I know.  I know.  I just posted about Freedom the other day.  I'm a work in progress, people.  I certainly don't have it all together.  Anyway, your fervent prayers would be greatly appreciated by her, me and her family. 

And that, I think, is it for tonight.  I'm going to rest this little head of mine. 


Love,

 

P.S.  Oh! I almost forgot.  This blog is gonna get a minor makeover in the next couple of days I think.  Any suggestions, requests or (dare I say) complaints?