Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

December 14, 2010

An update on our


I'm cookin' writin' up a blog about cloth diapers - finally.  But right now, I'm just stopping by to remind you all not to forget about the Love-A-Thon for Sarah.  We're almost half-way there... actually, there is a donation or two that I know of that are not showing up correctly in the "chip-in" widget, so we are closer than ever to the half-way mark!

I really don't want this to fizzle so would you all please repost*, tweet and post on Facebook about it?  I am so excited about us meeting our goal.  Speaking of meeting the goal... I have a thought or two about it.  I know.  Surprise. Surprise.  Me with a thought.  That I would want to share.  Ahem.

Anyway, here's my thought about us meeting our goal:  Right now we're sitting somewhere just under $500.  Which is REALLY good!  Raising $500 among all of us in less than a week is something to speak of and says volumes about how the Lord works through His church.  Especially because that came from a couple dozen of you all working together. 

I'm just shootin' in the dark here, but I'm guessing that none of you are really rich out there and giving from a great abundance of your pocketbook.  It's tough times right now and none of us are giving without feelin' it.  ...without having to think about what will have to go in the budget in order to make room for what else needs to fit in.  Every single gift given, with the exception of one, was under $30.00. 

I think that is phenomenal. 

It means that if all of the ordinary people pitch in, we can all reach out and cover those in need.  We don't need some uber-rich philantropist to step in in order to give extravagantly and bless beyond all of our expectations. 

So even what we have accomplished so far is plenty to be proud to be a part of. 

But I really think we can make it all the way.  I'm not asking any of you to give again.  I'm asking for your help in spreading the word.  Click on Sarah's blog and continue to support her in prayer and with encouragement.  (I am asking you to do that again.)  Then share her story today.  Share it with three people in conversation.  Share it on Facebook. 

What many of you don't know about Sarah is that her story is extraordinary because she has fought so hard for marriage - both for HER marriage and for ALL marriages.  It has been her calling, her passion, and her ministry for years.  And now, against all odds against the Enemy's waged war, she has not left that calling.  If Jesus returned today and if the story of Papa Bear and Kingdom Mama ended today, I believe it would still be a happy ending because she has perservered. 

Someone encouraged me today and said: 

Never tire of doing what is right. 
Never tire of doing what is right.
Never tire of doing what is right.
Never tire of doing what is right.
Never tire of doing what is right.
Never tire of doing what is right.
Never tire of doing what is right.
Never tire of doing what is right.
Never tire of doing what is right.

That's a whole lot easier said than done when you get to the end of your good mood, the end of a good pep-talk, the end of a long tired day, the end of your wits, the end of yourself, the end of everything you've ever known and you step out into what seems to go past the end of even the unknown into the territory of

total and comlete blind faith

in the only One who sees the future. 

Sarah has not tired in doing what is right.  So I want us to see this Love-A-Thon through to its finish and not tire of doing what we know is right, but to see it through to completion.  Let this be the way we show her that we are by her side in this marathon and we're in it for the long haul with her. 

I love you all more than you can know.  Thank you for being here and for reading.  Thank you for the way you allow God to work through you. 

In Him,



*You have my permission to copy and repost any of my own words with regards to this Love-A-Thon for Sarah at Kingdom Twindom.