Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

December 9, 2010

Oh Look...


...My office moved itself to the changing table. Oh, the things we do as moms. You gotta do what you gotta do, right?


Well, I have to just say, YOU guys are AMAZING!!! And by "you guys" I mean my readers, Sarah and her readers, Ellyn and her readers, and Mandy and her readers. I am just blown away! It's been only about 36 hours since we launched the Love-A-Thon and we're already almost a quarter of the way to the goal of $1,000 for Kingdom Twindom! Paypal was down last night (horrible timing!) and I imagine some of you were wanting to give and couldn't, so I'm sorry (not that I had any control over it) and thank you for your patience!!

PLUS, Sarah had over 20,000 clicks to her site yesterday alone! Wow! (I don't think she'd mind me telling you that. After all, part of my goal was for her to have lots and lots of clicks, as that helps to support her financially too.)

More than anything, I am so grateful to you for the encouragement you've been to her and I truly hope that YOU are blessed by watching reading her story unfold.

In these last 48 hours, God has pressed on my heart the urgency with which we need to fight for our marriages - not just our individual marriages, but for marriages in general today. That's why last night after one of our epic grocery-shopping trips (we grocery shop for two weeks at a time and don't shop or eat out in between), I hung out with my husband before he fell into bed (long day of hard work) rather than getting online to update you all here. That may seem minor to some, but it's a choice I don't make often enough - putting him before stuff in my life.

I am SO very grateful for people like my friend, Michelle, who serve at FamilyLife and for how she and her team pour into marriages in the U.S. and around the world. (Sorry, that was really a random thought, but this is kind of a random post anyway, and I've been wanting to share about FamilyLife.)

I've also been thinking about what I write here. I have wished many many many times that I could share with you all the journeys God has taken my husband and I through in our marriage. He and I both come from families where brokenness and divorce go back several generations and we have become passionate in our fight to stop that generational pattern of divorce in our family. We've drawn a line in the sand. With us, there is a new heritage to pass on.

I lay the sins of the parents upon their children; the entire family is affected—even children in the third and fourth generations of those who reject me. But I lavish unfailing love for a thousand generations on those who love me and obey my commands. (Exodus 20:5-6)
A wise man leaves an inheritance for his children's children's children. (My paraphrase of Proverbs 13:22)
It's not easy when we've each learned lots of wrong habits. While it is not my calling (at least not now) to share very openly about God's work in our marriage on this blog, I want you all to know that WE ALL struggle in our marriages. If you are there, you are NOT ALONE. There is hope. With Christ in your life, your marriage CAN survive and be strong and there are others who have walked that path before you. Reach out. Find help and accountability and trust your future to Jesus.

Thank you, again, for stepping out in prayer and warring for Sarah's marriage.

I'll be back soon (I really will this time!) with the Christmas transformation that's been going on at our house!

Love,