Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

December 4, 2010

Why

Today is a day I don't understand.  Father, when we wage war against the Enemy in prayer and we endeavor to fight against every fleshly temptation that we have, why, oh why does it sometimes turn out like this?

My heart is aching for a certain friend of mine.  She knows who she is.  Actually, it's aching for several certain friends of mine. 

If you know how to pray for a situation and a someone without knowing who or what it is, please do that. 

I don't understand why good people who work so hard to do the right thing are rewarded with more pain.  I don't understand why babies are lost.  Why marriages break apart.  Why the hard working man loses his job.  Why one who does the most good gets the most sick and is hindered by so many obstacles.  Lord, why why why? 

I know the answer, but my heart doesn't understand it.  It doesn't WANT to understand it. 

Why is it that sometimes when we fall on our faces and seek You with all we know how and everything we are, why are you still sometimes silent?  Why is your answer still sometimes "no"? 

My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?
Why are you so far away when I groan for help?
Every day I call to you, my God, but you do not answer.
Every night you hear my voice, but I find no relief.

Yet you are holy,
enthroned on the praises of Israel.
Our ancestors trusted in you,
and you rescued them.
They cried out to you and were saved.
They trusted in you and were never disgraced.
                                  Psalm 22:1-5