Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

March 21, 2010

It's... Mi Querida Biblia

I'm pretty big on accountability.  Not accountability that sounds like, "Hey, did you do such-and-such last week?" or "Have you stayed out of this-and-that today?"  I mean, there's a time and a place for that.  But the kind of accountability I love and have a lot of in my life is the accountability that happens when friends are open and life is shared and struggles are admitted and encouragement and prayer and life together happens. 

So we've got a lot of that type of accountability in our lives.  For our marriage.  For my business.  For my emotional and spiritual life.  For my parenting.  But I was realizing the other day that there is an area in my life that has been seriously neglected lately, and that is the time each day I spend reading God's Word. 

Or maybe I should say not reading God's Word.  Because I definitely don't do it enough. 

And I think most of us can relate to that. 

And I was also thinking, how cool it is that we all - in this crazy online bloggy world of ours - share so many thoughts and things about our faith walks.  Wouldn't it be cool...  seriously cool... if we could do that with regards to the scripture we read.  Particularly if we were all reading the same scripture.  And then God reminded me of how I've really been wanting He's really been wanting me to read through the Bible. 

I did it once before.  I was in college.  And I don't know about you, but there are very few things that I read 10 years ago that I remember well.  Ahem, or remember at all!  The only thing I do remember is that it rocked my faith and drew me closer to God unlike anything else ever. 

So an idea was born.  What if a bunch of us hooked up and read through the Bible in a year.  Together!?! 

Ok, I'm gonna have to contain how stinkin' over-the-top excited I am about this!! 

Here's how it'll work...

Step 1:  Go to YouVersion.  Create an account. YouVersion is the Bible online, but with a ton of other really cool features... namely, their Bible Reading Plans.  So once you've created an account, click on My and then click on Reading Plans.  Next click Explore Reading Plans (stay with me... it's worth it...) and then scroll down to the one called Chronological

That's the one we're gonna do.  I picked this one because it's got 3-5 chapters of the Bible to read per day (chapters, not books) and it takes you through the Bible chronologically in a year.  Things always make more sense for me, when they're in order... particularly the prophecy and stuff.  (Which I have a hard enough time understanding as it is!) 

Ok, a couple more things before you leave YouVersion.  First, take some time to click around and explore.  You can adjust the start and end dates of your plan.  Change the dates so that the start date is March 28, 2010.  That's our launch date.  That'll give us a week to get organized. 

Step 2:  Leave a comment and let me know you're in!
I am SO looking forward to the camaraderie, friendship, discussion, personal spiritual growth and community spiritual growth as we dive into God's word together.  More to come soon, but for now, leave your comments!

184x184 biblia sidebar button