Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

January 7, 2010

Stuck Between Two Worlds

Home.

It's a ceramic tile kitchen that smells of cilantro and beans. There's a cool tropical breeze that wafts through from the street and goes out by way of the indoor patio replete with all kinds of ferns, leafy plants and tropical flowers. Music is playing gently from the other room, which always seems to match my mood, and sunlight that spills in from the garden lighting up the air with a happy warmth.

Home.

It's a wood floor living room with a cozy carpet and a fire burning steadily. Snow falls gently outside creating a quiet that surrounds the house and wraps it in peace. Curled up on the couch in a wool sweater and fuzzy blanket with hot chocolate and a good book. The smell of cookies baking in the oven fills the house and my big black dog sleeps on my feet, putting them to sleep.

14 bazillion miles apart.

Two homes. Worlds apart. No matter which I'm in, I miss the other.