Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

January 14, 2010

Raining and Pouring

When it rains, it pours. And here, it's pouring.

If you follow me on Twitter, then you already know that since 2 a.m. this morning, we have had to take not one, but two of the members of our household to get medical attention.

That's why I'm pretty much comotose right now.

We started with a trip to the E.R. with my feverish, congested six-month-old. :( He did not care for the rectal temperature-taking experience and well, I don't really blame him. He REALLY didn't care for the catheter in order to get a urine sample. Man, kid, did you scream bloody murder! And the "Mamamamamama!!!" through snot and tears that followed just about ripped my heart in half.

But all said and done, it's just a virus and we just have to keep the temp down and help him get lots of sleep. For those of you not following the train of thought, that translates into little to no sleep for Mama.

Uh, yeah... that would be my spot on our bed.

After we got home, I took care of both my hurting boys and crawled into bed to sleep by 7 a.m., just in time to sneak in 45 minutes of blissful rest ragged half-sleep before waking to help Alejandro wade the virgin waters of a workman's comp case and find an urgent care facility to care for his pain-filled left eye. (Yesterday he was whacked in the eye with a piece of a metal screw he was cutting at work.) Despite the screaming pain that he's in, he's going to be just fine, and I can't sing the praises of his boss enough for how great he treats always his employees.

So most of the day was spent alternately napping and nursing the sick and hurting in my house.

Anybody wanna come take care of me? (Whimper whimper)

And then I said to myself, "Self, suck it up and quit whining. It'll be over before you know it. And one day, you"re actually gonna miss this."

Besides, Grammy's coming... So it will all be better soon!