Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

January 23, 2010

Costa Rica Story #6: The Beach

Costa Rica Post # 6 of 14

For this San Diego girl (residing in the land-locked snowy-cold state of Colorado), the beach is always close to my heart and first on my mind if we're anywhere within driving distance of sand and water. So, it goes without saying that my favorite part of our trip to Costa Rica was our side-trip with just the three of us to the beach of Tamarindo, Costa Rica.

Not only did we spend four days with sand between our toes and sweat dripping from our brows, but we ate, slept and relaxed whenever we wanted. It was kind of like a little honey-moon for Alejandro and I, because although we had our little guy with us, it was the first time we had gotten away since he was born, and there were plenty of times that Danny took a nap and Alejandro and I had some time alone.

It was refreshing to our minds, hearts and bodies. And it was a weekend that God chose to free us of some trials and struggles we've been dealing with as new parents.

It was also where we got the best pictures of our little family!

Danny's first day at the beach...
It was a windy day, so it was short-lived, and we spent much of the time
protecting Danny from blowing sand, sunburn and heat.

But it was fun anyway!
There is somethin' about holdin' a naked kid in a diaper
that is just WAY too much fun!
Photobucket
My boys...
Photobucket
Isn't that hat way too cute!?

Danny did get in the ocean, but we didn't get any pictures, since Alejandro and I were in the ocean with him. Plus, he cried through it anyway. Too cold. Too swishy. Too bright. Maybe next time.
Photobucket
After some fun in the sun, and a dip in the ocean, Danny needed a nap. Here's my little beach bum. Yes, he always sleeps with his arm up like that. I think he's so adorable I could just eat him up.

The views were gorgeoous.
Views of Alejandro in the water. Views of Renee in the water.
Photobucket
Views up the beach, down the beach...
Photobucket
This view made us think of Toby (our dog).

'Cause that's exactly what Toby would've done if he were there. Someday
when I'm rich and famous we'll pay for Toby to go with us to the beach.


I don't know about you, but one of my favorite things about the beach is heading back to a clean shower, dry clothes, cool air conditioning and a nice nap. So, that's what we did.


All this talk is making me want to plan the next trip to Costa Rica.

Hey, when we go, anyone wanna' come with us!?