Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

January 5, 2010

Guess What Danilo SAID?!

I was going to post all the happenings here in chronological order, but I couldn't wait for this one...

On New Year's Day, I was watching a movie while Danny hung out with his relatives. Suddenly, Alejandro's cousin came running in saying, "Renee, Renee, he said Mama!"

Faster than a pistol I hurried in to the other room. It turns out that Angie (my sister-in-law) thought Danny looked like he wanted to say something, so the cousins and aunts and his Abuela all started saying "Ma-ma" to see if he would imitate them. And he DID!

He said it a second time once I came in the room, and I'm pretty sure my heart stopped and fell through the floor.

The third time he said it, it was so loud and clear, there was no mistaking his intentionality. He'd work on forming his little lips and then blurt it out to our utter delight!

How fun! Danny's first word!