Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

January 8, 2010

Infant + Public Bathroom - Baby Changer = Disaster

Alejandro was retreiving the car seat from the flight crew storage so Danilo and I headed off to the bathroom.

Uh oh. No stalls with baby-changing tables in them for me to put him down. This oughtta be interesting.

Ok close the door and hang up the diaper bag. Now take him out of the carrier and hang up the carrier.

No sweat.

Now hold him up with one arm and pull down the jeans with the other. Scootch down the right leg. Scootch down the left leg. Scootch down the right leg. Scootch down the left leg.

Now, to put the seat protector on the toilet seat. Adjust the baby in one arm. Gently pull out the cover...

Crap. That one broke.

Try number two. Gently pull it out so it doesn't break. Now to lay it down: let's see, if I fluff it up in the air so it floats down slowly as I guide it onto the seat...

Crap. That one fell in.

Try number three. Gently pull out. Fluff up. Guide as it floats down. Don't let go of the baby. There. Just in the right place.

By now I'm dancing to keep from having an accident.

Repeat with the second seat protector. Call me a germophobe. I use two seat protectors.

Alright. Turn around. Sit down and balance the baby on one leg. No, don't pull my necklace. Ew don't touch that. Woah, don't lean too far that way. Here, play with your toes. They're your favorite right now.

Over-sensitive automatic flushing toilet.

FLUSH.

Splash!

Nice. :|

Deep breath. Next step, toilet paper. Attempt number one resulted in about half a square because the paper tore.

With attempt number two I yanked the roll so half the paper ended up on the floor.

Sooner or later I managed to yank and rip just at the right time while holding Danny far enough away from the wall so he wouldn't touch the hand rail. At least I had enough sense to use the handicap stall.

I'll save you the shenanigans I went through to get my jeans back up.

Baby back in the carrier. Bag on the shoulder. Out the door.

That has to make me super mom or something.

I think next time I'll hold it.


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile