Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

September 2, 2010

Thanks

Last night at around 11:30 p.m., after watching a movie, we pulled ourselves up off the couch and headed up the stairs towards the bedroom.  We moved slowly, feeling the satisfying fatigue of a full work-day which integrated time with our toddler, his meals and his naps.  I thought over the day.  I thought about the progress I had made in my business.  I thought about the progress Alejandro had made in his new business.  I thought about how we ate breakfast, lunch and dinner together, and had time for hugs and kisses and prayers and knowing glances all in between.  I thought about our family working together. 

Then it hit me.  About halfway up the stairs, I turned around, looked Alejandro squarely in the eye (which I can only do from one stair above him) and said...

"Do you realize, that our dream for the past two years, since I became pregnant with Danny was for each of us to have our own businesses, to work from home, and allow him to have two work-at-home parents?!" 

Huh.  God truly does work in mysterious ways. 

Thanks for the lay-off, God.  Thanks.