Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

September 18, 2010

How We're Doin'

We have cell service so I just had to share this picture with you. It's not great photography but Danny is snoozin' late this morning. Isn't that just too cute?! I mean HIM, not the fact that he's sleeping late, although that IS fabulous.

Last night we tried out our new-to-us zero degree mummy bags. We stole - I mean we were given the bags from my parents who had them from their backpacking days before I was born. Their age hasn't affected them at all, because man were we toasty last night! Which means I'm a happy girl because if there's one thing that's not my favorite, it's being cold.

After striking out on the first two campgrounds we tried last night (they were full) we drove an extra hour to another campground where we searched for a campsite and put up our tent at 10pm. That wasn't really super fun. But no matter. We are resilliant, we are camping, there were roasted hot dogs last night and there is bacon to be made this morning!

Usually we aren't campground type campers. Actually we have a favorite spot (*our* camping spot) that we have to off-road to (which is half of the reason we like it) that we had our hearts set on this weekend. Our plan was foiled when the weather went dry and fire-restrictions outside of campgrounds went up. But like I said, we're resillient.

And we're EXCITED because our friends and their little one will be joining us this morning! You all know them from over at www.aheavenlyjourney.net. Matt and Melissa and little Caleb have yet to embark on a tent-camping adventure since they became three and we can't wait get them out here! I will, of course, let you all know how we all do. :)

Well Danny is stirring and bacon and the bathroom - I mean a bush - are calling my name.

And since this is a bloggy type of camping trip, let me all know what you're doing this weekend! Comment away!

Renee