Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

September 8, 2010

Stream Of Consciousness

How I do love the change of the seasons... I'm standing here in front of Walmart as I wait for my husband to swing by and pick me up. I will no doubt NOT be here by the time I finish this post, since I'm writing on my phone in little snatches of time throughout this afternoon. But at the moment I'm enjoying gray skies, a cool breeze, and rain drops landing on my glasses and leaving spots. Ok I'm not really enjoying the spots on my glasses, but I AM enjoying the weather.

What I was DOING at Walmart was acquainting myself with their vision center and ordering a much needed and long overdue set of contact lenses. Yes, even many of my old friends don't know that I'm pretty much blind as a bat without the magical tiny transparent circles over my pupils. In the midst of all the hullabaloo of the last two months, I sort of FORGOT that not only are my contact lenses only designed to last a month and I'd been wearing them for THREE, but also that they were the LAST pair in my possession. So last week when suddenly one morning I was surprised that I could no longer stand to put my contacts in my eyes, well, I SHOULDN'T have been surprised.

I've worn contact lenses since I was in sixth grade, so it's been sort of bizarre to be wearing glasses for a week now. I'm not really a big fan and I've definitely gained a new appreciation for modern optomological (is that even a word?) technology. I mean, long ago I would've been destined to a life without many things I love like reading, driving (or buggy-riding?), movies (or theatre?), biking, climbing or writing. Or at least many of those things would've been greatly inhibited.

Anyway, when those contact lenses make it to our nearest Walmart sometime next week, I will be one excited lady.

I've got lots of great pictures from San Diego still to be shared and some from a fun Labor Day evening. So stay tuned! (Or hassle me so I get them up sooner!)

Danny is in thr throes of teething right now so we are enjoying sleepless nights and lots of, um, SNOT. (Yeah I said it.)

Aaaaand now we're arriving at our friends' house for dinner (which my tummy is VERY excited about) so I will end this rather pointless, full of fluff, silly little post in which I said a whole lot of nothing and say...

Ta ta for now!

Renee