Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

July 28, 2010

Mi Querida Biblia - Day 123

184x184 biblia sidebar button
Today is day 123 in our year of reading through the Bible together and we are fast approaching the half-way mark. Although I've done a miserably poor job of posting on it, I have actually been reading fairly consistently.  I am about 25 days behind but maintaining. 

My friend, Sarah Brown wrote the following to me on facebook and it was so encouraging I wanted to share it wth you: 
Don't beat yourself up girl! You can do it- just do a little at a time and enjoy what you're reading. I've had to really think about what I can learn from these really hard sections and one thing I've found is that it's not that hard. God told the Israelites exactly what to do and what not to do and said, "Hey, you guys, listen to what I'm telling you to do and life will be simple and everything will work together for good. But if you just blow me off, then we have a problem." I've always felt like I don't know what to do or what God wants of me and I don't want to disappoint Him. But then I've learned, hey the only thing that matters is following God wholeheartedly and loving Him completely and everything else will fall into place.
Well put, Sarah!  Thanks for that reminder.  It is about relationship, not about action or duty or works or anything else.  The point is to know God's heart better by reading his Word. 

So right now I'm in the middle of the book of Judges, reading about how the Israelites circled the same mountain a million times went through one judge after another as they followed God and then fell away and then followed God and then fell away.  Do you know that this cycle happend thirteen times!?  God's patience is truly unending and thank Him it is, because I've had my own history of circling the same mountain a million times finding myself weak and then strong in Him and then weak and then strong in Him again and again. 

What I want to drive home though, and what I want to mediate on today is that,

He keeps coming back.

Like a devoted lover, he returns again and again and again for his bride and he will stop at nothing to find her.  "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."  (Romans 8:38-39)

He is passionately and deeply and truly in love with you.  And that will never change.  Just let that sink in a bit today. 

Love,