Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

July 7, 2010

Weekend Camping Part 2

Photobucket

After a day full of activity, we woke up Sunday morning, Independence Day, to a gloomy cool day.  We had breakfast around the campfire and then lazy-ed around for a while. 

Photobucket

These two are just too cute!  And Charmian's mommy-bump makes them even cuter! 

Photobucket

After bummin' for a while, Alejandro pulled our mountain bikes off the top of the Jeep and started riding over rocks and hills and such.  I got the bug and got on my bike too.  Only it'd been a year since I'd gone biking riding, so I needed a little warming up.  I got a little over-confident and ate it pretty hard. 

Photobucket

Is that scrape gnarly or what?!  Yeah.  I'm showing it off.  Ahem.  So after eating it once, I almost ate it again, and Alejandro gave me a very motherly look that said, "Be careful and quit goin' over rocks that are so big!" Well what's the fun in that I ask you?  Anyway, I did manage to keep from getting hurt again and enjoyed riding around while Danny napped. 

Then this threatened us.  So we prepped the camp for rain and went...

Photobucket

...inside!  Dontcha' love the hat Alejandro's wearing with the built-in head lamp?  That thing is dorky as you-know-what but it rocks.  It's my hat.  He stole it from me.  Ok, he gave it to me and I let him borrow it for the picture. 

Photobucket

Here are Charmian and Jon again. 

Photobucket

Wait, let's try that again. 

Photobucket

Much better!  Danny played with his toys anything in reach while we played cards and ate PB & J sandwiches for lunch. 

Photobucket
And the three dogs snoozed.  Yep!  We squeezed 5 people and 3 dogs into our little four-man tent for lunch.  And it was surprisingly roomy!

Photobucket
After the storm cleared, we ventured back outside, though not before seeking refuge in our cars to wait out a thunder, lightning and hail storm.  We were nervous for a few minutes but everything turned out ok. 

These are the cows with whom we shared our camping spot.  They so graciously woke us up on time way too early every morning and half the night.  Oh well.  I guess we were in their bedroom. 

Photobucket

Suddenly we turned around and saw this!

Photobucket

So beautiful!  God gave us an absolutely stunning sunset. 

Photobucket

This is my most favorite picture of the day.  I'm not sure why I like it so much.  Something about being in the background of God's creation while He receives all the glory.  It's like we're one little part and we get to be in the midst of it all. 

Photobucket

There you go!  That's our low-key, relaxing, fun, teensy-bit-adventuresome, day 2 of camping!