Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

October 22, 2009

These days...

These last several weeks have been busy around here. Fall came...




...and apparently it's already gone. Because it has already snowed three times this month. And it's not even the end of October. (For those of you who live in non-snowy parts of the world, October 31st is usually our first snow.)

But as I was saying, things around here have been busy. Danny has been particularly busy, improving his large motor skills.

He's practically mastered the reaching-grabbing-holding thing. This week he turned over my dinner plate for the first time. Oh joy. That stage.

Actually, I don't think he was really reaching. Kind of more like... flailing. But still.
And everything he gets his hands on goes directly into his mouth.

I think it's cute as ever.


Roar! Get 'im Tiger!

He has also gotten quite adept at sitting in his Bumpo Seat.

Sorry... I forgot that you can't turn video cameras sideways.
Everybody, crank your head to the left for just a bit...

Good... now slowly crank your head back to the right.
Easy does it. Not too fast or you'll cramp.

Anyway, back to the subject... He is fascinated by that clown. Who'd have thought? Some toys never go out of style. (That clown was mine when I was a baby.)

Holding that noggin' up is no sweat now too. Hee hee... just 9 months ago it was ME laying with my belly in that boppy.

Time flies when you're havin' fun.

But seriously, being a mom is good stuff. The other night, I looked over at my night-stand and saw this.
(Yes, of course I straightened it up before shooting the picture.)

It was one of those moments when I was hit one more time with the incredible realization that I'm a mommy. It doesn't get old. I haven't gotten used to it. Each new day is still a novelty. And I love every moment of it.

I hope that never goes away.

2 comments:

Mrs. Valente said...

Great post! And that photo at the end is just gorgeous!

*sniff, sniff*

Matthew Frank said...

Great Post! It's great how you take such a short sentence or two with a picture and in the reader's mind it becomes a thousand words.