Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

October 19, 2009

Not Me Monday

This is Not Me Monday. Brilliantly created by MckMama. Loved by many. (Though none of us would admit it.)

Here's my version this week.


This past week, I most certainly did not miss my weekly edition of Poop and Weeds Wednesday, then promise to have it for you over the weekend, and then completely forget about doing it altogether. Anyway, I would never name a blog post with the word Poop. Not me.

I did not watch a restaurant waiter plant a big wet one on my husband's cheek for his birthday, and if something like that did ever happen, I certainly wouldn't be glad someone videoed the event. And if someone did video the event, I would definitely not beg and cajole my husband to post it on the internet for all to see, only to be disappointed when he emphatically said no.

I did not plan scheme do extensive research to figure out how to get not one, but two blackberry curve cell phones for our family for free (after the mail-in-rebate). That is just more frivolous electronics that one family needs. And I definitely didn't use my unlimited internet usage on said blackberry phone last night to figure out that I can now check my favorite blogs from my
phone. Because that would be the end of me. If it were true. But it's not. Oh, and I wouldn't have done any of that when I woke up unable to sleep because it was too HOT (in October, for goodness' sake) at 3 in the morning. Those are all silly things to do and I would never do them. Definitely not at 3 a.m.

Yesterday I did not eagerly leave my precious baby with some friends of ours and practically run out the door to have dinner alone with my husband. I also did not completely abandon my diet to splurge on the best Italian dinner ever, complete with wine, double chocolate cake with strawberries and vanilla cream, and coffee. Oh, and I definitely didn't order said wine as soon as I arrived and then practically gulp it down and follow it with a big dinner and coffee so that the alcohol would quickly go through my system before I had to nurse that precious baby three hours later. I would NEVER EVER do something so irresponsible.

I DID, however, celebrate 6 years of marriage with my hubby last night. And I'm dang proud of it!

However, we did NOT end that romantic evening by falling asleep cuddling in bed with our clothes on and the lights shining brightly, because we're both not tired parents of a three and a half month old. I am certainly not old enough to do that.

And lastly, I would never ever write such a ridiculous post as this, just to win MckMama's give-away contest, because I am NOT the biggest sucker for cute purses you ever have known on this blessed earth.

Nope.

Not me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i loved visiting your blog...i will be back! such a cute post! loved hearing about your dinner-because that is what us mothers do NOT do :)have a great week!

Melissa said...

...and those friends did not thoroughly enjoy the evening playing with your adorable baby! Hee hee hee... :-P