Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

October 29, 2009

First Snow Day of the Year

Today was the first snow day of the year.

It's. October. Now, actually, I must confess (for all of you out there who are thinking that this is way too early for snow) that this is actually ALL My Fault.

I'm so sorry. I repent now before you. Please forgive me.

You see, sometime around July 5, when I was sweating out of every pore of my body, when I was raging with 6-day-old post-partum hormones, when I was still as big as a boat but no longer cute, and when all I wanted was to stop being HOT... I said, "I wish it were snowing."

Hey, I sweat from April until September this year without a break. Can you really blame me?

So, alas, I'm sorry... You are all enduring this frozen-tundra-like weather because of me.

So, what did we do on this first snow-day, shut in the house with nothing more than I could ever possibly do in one day? *** Well, Danny played. I am amazed at how different his play is now than it was, even just a month ago. See how he grabs his toys with such concentration?

***Ok, all these pictures weren't actually taken today. But we did do these things today.

I worked. I got lots of odds-and-ends tasks done that had been hanging over my head and I feel very good about it. And I even booked some appointments and shared the business opportunity with someone who decided they want to give it a try.

I always love it when someone decides to set mediocrity behind them and step into something new and big that could change their life. I certainly don't think that anyone without a Mary Kay business is living in mediocrity. I simply see so many women slip through their lives without ever doing something about their situation. So I love it when someone decides to draw the line in the sand and take some action. Anyway, it felt good to be productive in my business despite a snowy day.

...back to the subject. When Daddy got home, the two of them played together. I heard them both giggling from upstairs, and suddenly I realized that I had not heard Danny giggle before! So here you go... Danny's first giggle.

(It's right at the beginning of the clip. Unforunately, that's the only time he giggled on video. I caught the tail-end of their playing session, so I didn't manage to get much of it, but it still makes me bubble up inside and want to giggle too!)


No snow-day is complete without home-made cookies hot out of the oven and milk to dip 'em in! And the best part? Since it was my night off, Alejandro made them!

And last... cuddling with my little one. This picture (of him dead-asleep) was actually taken a few nights ago, but we did plenty of cuddling and praying together today. :) I had Matthew and Stellan on my mind, so I spent lots of time checking on their updates and thanking the Lord that we are so abundantly blessed with safety, warmth, security, health, and peace.

Thank you, Lord.
I am so undeserving and yet you bless me abundantly anyway.

1 comment:

Mrs. Valente said...

Ugh...I WISH this was only our first snow day. October has already been unbelievably snowy.

I don't blame you...but if I were to blame you, we would not be speaking! ;)