Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

October 16, 2009

Exciting things...

Every time I miss writing to you all for a day or two or three, I feel like I need to write about 7 different posts in order to catch up. And usually I end up doing it sometime around 1 a.m.

Today being no exception, and me being as exhausted as I am... this post isn't exactly going to be edge-of-your-seat-thrilling, but I did want to tell you a few exciting things:

Exciting thing #1:
Yesterday my hot hunk of a husband turned 28! So we and a bunch of our friends all went to Chili's (one of our favorite places to eat) and had dinner. I encouraged the waiter to sing, dance and embarrass Alejandro to his heart's content.

He did JUST THAT.

It all started normal and innocent with a mild song of Happy Birthday. But when it ended in crescendo, he (the waiter) turned dramatically to my husband and planted a huge wet kiss on his cheek! I'm not kidding. I've never seen Alejandro so shocked in my life! I was doing a little recovering myself. We DID manage to get it on video... but ya'll will have to harrass him for permission to post it. He won't let me. I'm very sad about that. :(

Exciting thing #2:
Danny got his first passport mug shots today...
...because guess where we're going for Christmas!! Costa Rica!!! Abuela, here we come! :) Can you tell I'm excited? I promise you, Danny is much more excited than he looks in this picture.

Exciting thing #3:
You can now get my blog posts sent right to your email inbox! I know... just what you all wanted - ME bombarding your email box, right? I think it's a useful little thing, because then you know when I've written instead of checking my blog every day. (Of course, I LOVE it when you check every day, because then I get all these clicks on my site and then I feel like I actually have a real reading audience!) But anywhoooo... the way to make it happen is just to sign up with your email address in the sidebar box on the left. It's really easy.
Go ahead. Try it. I'll wait right here.

I do recommend that you actually click the "Mi Querida Familia" link in your email so you can see all the fun pictures on my blog for the billionth time, rather than just reading what lands in your in-box.

Really Truly Exciting thing #4:
I have a cousin somewhere in the western hemisphere who just adopted the CUTEST baby ever! I can't reveal any cute pictures yet... although I'm bursting at the seams to do so. So as soon as I can, I'll share. But in the mean time, please pray that there are no glitches with any of the paperwork or legalities or anything. And pray for the new mom and dad who are likely not getting much sleep at night! Congratulations you guys! I couldn't be happier for you!!

Exciting thing #5:
It's my bed time! ...I know I owe you all a Weeds and Poop Wednesday. It will probably come tomorrow - even though it's Friday - along with some birthday fun from around here.

In the mean time, sleep tight!