Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

August 17, 2009

Please pray for this family...

I've recently been following the story of a family that I "met" through the blogging world and I want to ask you all to pray for them. Their names are Lori and Troy. Their sons' names are Garrett and Matthew. Here is a link to Lori's blog:



Earlier this year they adopted Matthew, and soon after, their adoption was contested. They are now in the middle of the biggest battle of their lives to keep their son, to submit to God's will, and to love those who would oppose them through the midst of it all.

Here is the first picture of Matthew David and a few details of how the court battle began.

As I've read Lori's thoughts, I've contemplated what it would be like to be threatened with losing little Danny, and it seems unthinkable. Yet that is exactly what Lori and Troy are threatened with. They live with the knowledge that they may not be able to keep and raise their second son, and their time with them may be as short as a few months or a few years.

Please join me in prayer and write to Lori in her comments section to encourage her. You can also follow her story by clicking on the "Livin' in a Fishbowl" link on the right side of my blog. Thanks everybody! May you be blessed by the presence of His Holy Spirit today!

No comments: