Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

August 21, 2009

Becoming Bilingual / Un Bebé Bilingue

No, not me. This blog!

Since half of everyone I know speaks Spanish - including Alejandro's entire family - I've decided to make a concerted effort to make this child, our house, and now this blog... bilingual! (Actually I knew long ago I wanted him to be bilingual, but now I'm realizing all that it entails.)

So this morning I started with my mouth. Yes, it does take some effort to remember to speak only Spanish to Danny. Then I continued on to Danny's books.



And now I'm on to the blog. So if you start seeing Spanish translations at the bottoms of each post, now you know why!
________________________Español________________________

Alrededor de la mitád de todos nuestros amigos hablan español, inclusiva la familia entera de Alejandro, he decidido hacer un esfuerzo grande de hacer que este bebé precioso, nuestra casa y este blog... ¡sea bilingue! (En realidad, siempre he querido criar a Danilo para que sea bilingue. Solo que ahora me doy cuenta todo lo que requiere de mi parte.)

Así que esta mañana empecé conmigo misma. Sí... tengo que hacer un esfuerzo para recordar hablar solamente español con Danilo. Entonces, continué con los libros de él. Y ya termino con este blog. De ahora en adelante, algunos de los artículos tendrán traducciones abajo. No prometo traducir cada uno... pero por lo menos todos los que contienen fotos de Danilo.

¡Espero que les gusta y que ayude que todos se sienten muy cerca a nosotros! ¡Siempre les llevamos en nuestros corazones!

4 comments:

Mrs. Valente said...

I love it! You're doing such an awesome job!

Deanna said...

I just came across your blog, and I love the idea of writing in the Spanish text in English language books! Reading in both languages is so important for a bilingual child's language development. Keep up the great work!

Renee said...

Thanks, Deanna! I used to be a teacher... I taught bilingual education and find language acquisition fascinating! It will be cool to see how this plays out in real life in my own family. My husband and I both learned eachother's language as adults. We're excited to see how little Danilo does.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.