Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

April 20, 2010

It's part II of our...


If I had to pick one single all-time favorite blog... well, this one would be it. 

Her story surpasses that of any other blog I've ever read.  Her age, her courage, her determination, her passion, and her bull-dog stubborn refusal to relent Challenge. Me. To. The. Core. 

Katie is 20 years old.  She has lived in Uganda for several years now.  She dreamed up and started her own non-profit ministry through which she feeds and helps to provide schooling for hundreds of Ugandan children daily. 

 

And as if that weren't enough - because in her eyes it isn't - she has adopted and is a single mother to 14 beautiful girls. 


You really gotta' meet them all individually, though, so take a minute and peer into the shining eyes of each of them right here

Katie writes on her blog only every one to three weeks because she's kind of, um - busy.  As you can imagine.  But when she does write, I am amazed at the talent God has gifted her with and her ability to cut to the heart of the issue and challenge me to really think about how I live life and if I really love people around me or if I just think I do in my American middle-class rich protected cushy soft easy and convenient sort of way. 

I've wanted to get involved and draw together as a blog community to support Katie and her babies for a while... and then Sarah came up with her brilliant Love-A-Thon idea last month.  (I still just think it's SO cool how a bunch of mommy bloggers came up with $2400 in a couple of weeks to help Ellyn keep her house!)

So anyhow, this month we're raising $1,000 to send to Amazima Ministries.  Since 42 cents provides a Ugandan child with 3 meals, I'm excited about the BIG impact we're going to have!  There are ten days left in the month.  Please consider giving to Amazima Ministries! 


Official Love-A-Thon rules:

1. One donation entitles you to enter any and all of that month's Love-a-thon giveaways.  You enter by commenting, so be sure to comment here (without your gift amount) and check MckLinky on Sarah's blog for all of the giveaway posts.

2. $1 is as important as $100; we think that everyone should be able to get involved. Check your heart instead of looking around the room; it's the attitude of the giver that counts!

3. Have fun!

Wanna know what I'm giving away?  My husband - who aside from being the love of my life is also an amazingly creative guy - carved and stained this beautiful wooden cross.  It is 6.25 inches tall, 4.5 inches wide and has a nail-hole in the back to easily hang in your home.  I wanted to wait for a really special occasion to give it away.  I can't think of a more worthy cause than Katie and Amazima Ministries.