Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

November 22, 2009

Thanksgiving Trip to San Diego - Day 1

Hi everyone!

Well, the reason I've been a little absent around here is because our house was a flurry of preparation for our Thanksgiving trip!

And now we're here!

"Where??" you say...

We're in San Diego!

This is where I grew up, so we're back! It's going to be a busy week. My Mom's gettin' married. Danny's gettin' to know his Grandpa and his Grandma Jeanne. He had a first plane ride, oh and you know, turkey...

Actually, let me catch you up on the past few days, before I show all the fun pictures from yesterday. Danny had quite an eventful week with several firsts. He had his second set of vaccinations. This experience was much better than last time.

He also grabbed his toes for the first time (at least the first time that I saw - apparently he's done it several times and I just didn't realize it, according to my husband).

And on Friday night, he immitated Uncle Matt and Aunt Melissa in the famous "SO BIG" game! Here's a not so successful picture of it.
Well, Matt and Melissa did very well, you see... But Danny was camera shy. ;)

Wait, who's that lady with the cute short hair-cut cooking at the stove?

Why, that's me!

Yes... This mommy was feeling a strong need for a new look. Sometimes, you gotta' just do something so you feel pretty again.

Anyway, back to the real thing I'm writing about today... our day yesterday! Here we are on the first plane trip from Colorado Springs to Denver.

As you can see, Danilo is out like a light! That's pretty much how he spent the entirety of both plane trips. Yay!

We had a bit of a delay due to mechanical problems on the plane we were supposed to get on. Fortunately they got us a new plane. Because who wants to get on a plane right after they tell you there were mechanical problems, right? So we were a bit delayed getting in to San Diego. While we waited, Danny practiced his own mechanic skills.

Finally, we landed in San Diego, got out into the fresh San Diego oceany air and called my Dad too tell him we are here!
Oh, by the way, this is my new Ergo Baby Carrier. I do SO love it!
Hangin' at the curb, waitin' for my Dad and his new wife, Jeanne... (I really need to introduce you all to her. Soon to come...)
Modeling the cool hat from his Grammy...
And finally... Grandpa, meet Danny! Danny, meet your Grandpa!
Grandma Jeanne, meet Danny! Danny, meet Grandma Jeanne!
Back at the house, hangin' out...

And here are Grandpa and Danny taking some time to get to know eachother...

And there you have day 1!

Stay tuned, because today we're going to the beach!