Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

July 15, 2011

Unedited

Yesterday just after dark the guys finished putting all the "paper" on the top section of the roof (which is what makes it pretty waterproof). It's still far from done, but we can relax a little. Alejandro took a day off from work after four straight days of roofing and we (as a family) enjoyed some time with some of our oldest friends who were passing through town. The man is right tuckered out. (And apparently today I'm from Texas.)

If you were on Facebook/Twitter the other night (and if you were reading my posts), you experienced my total and complete FREAK OUT. After the third day on the roof, a hail storm forced him to come down quickly just before dark without an opportunity to put up a tarp. Later that night (around midnight) another gale hit and it poured for about 20 minutes. For about 15 of those minutes, water poured into our bedroom through the wall surrounding the window. For about 2 of those minutes I texted, tweeted and posted on Facebook asking for prayer for the rain to stop. For about 13 of those minutes I woke up all my friends as I whined, wailed, and panicked about the rain that, "cannot be happening!!!!" That's a direct quote. Yes, apparently it WAS happening.

Now, 48 hours later, the lights work and there seems to be no electrical damage. The carpet is still wet and Alejandro may have to pull it up to dry it, but other than that there doesn't seem to be any major trouble. Phew!!

Thank you to all of you who prayed!

And speaking of changes on my blog - oh we weren't? Sorry. That's the best transition I've got right now. That's why it's called "Unedited," folks.

Anywhoooo, speaking of those changes on my blog, apparently the blog angels were listening (or those over at BlogHer at least) because right after I posted a little bit ago about wanting to make my blog "professional" (read *income producing*), I was contacted by BlogHer and offered an ad contract with them.

Yippee skippy!!

Now, I don't exactly expect to be rolling in money from it anytime soon, but it's a small start and you never know what the future might hold.

So now there's a BlogHer bar at the top of my blog and soon there should be a small ad on my sidebar. Not very pretty, but hey, I'm ok with that.

And speaking of naked kiddos needing a bath - oh we weren't again? Well, mine definitely needs one so I'll say, "sayonara," for now (because, folks, that is ALL the Japanese I know. And I guess I needed to throw in something Japanese to balance out the Texas from earlier.")

(Ok, I'm ending this post now.)

(You're welcome.)