Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

July 13, 2011

The Fleshing Out of Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to bring you a hope and a future... ...You will seek me and you will find me when you seek me with all of your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord... (Jeremiah 29: 11, 13-14)
There are only a handful of Bible verses I know by heart. This is one of them. I cling to it often.

A little over two years ago, one of my best friends, Charmian, learned that she was pregnant. Within a matter of weeks, she learned that she was actually been pregnant with twins and one of them miscarried. Then she would carry the second twin - her sweet Pearce - to 7 months, despite a terminal diagnosis of anancephaly. Pearce was born when she went into labor a couple months early. Jon and Charmian had 11 precious minutes with him.

Take a minute to go over to Charmian's blog and read some of the emails she and I exchanged during the time Pearce's twin miscarried. Then come back.


There are times when I pray the Holy Spirit speaks through me. And then there are other times when I speak and I know that it is only God talking because there is no way I could have come up with something so good! Those emails represent a whole string of those moments. In fact, if asked, I don't think I could have counseled someone that well now. It is amazing to me how God works through our pain and how there is nothing - NOTHING He cannot redeem for His purpose.

There have been some major bumps on this rocky road of transitioning to a household dependent on self-employment since Alejandro lost his job a year ago on Thursday. It is GOOD to be reminded that even the most impossible of circumstances can be turned into the greatest blessing we ever have experienced.

Charmian, I love you and am so honored to be a part of your story. Thank you for reminding me how He works through impossibility on our behalf.

Love,