Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

February 8, 2011

Stuck Again

***UPDATE:  Nothin' like a love letter and a great movie in the mail to lift my spirits.  Oh, and a plane ticket to San Diego for Thursday.  :)

__________________________________

I'm sittin' here on the toilet while Danny takes a warm bath and plays in drinks the water.  It's FREEZING outside.  And by freezing, I mean 3° Fahrenheit outside.  So yeah.  Cold.

Plus we're stuck again.  I know.  All of you who live anywhere except California are experiencing the same right now.  This is our driveway.


So anyway, we're cold.

Hold on.

Okay sorry... I had to wipe my computer dry.  Danny decided to share the water with me.  Great.  Oh well, it seems to be fine.

So this last weekend I got stuck in the mountains and ended up spending the entire weekend with a friend of mine.  It was fabulous.  We spent the entire time relaxing, watching the Super Bowl, eating, gabbing...  it was great.  So I'm quite rested now.

We still don't have a firm date for my husband's return.  He's been gone almost 5 weeks now.  Every time we think we have a date, someone asks him for another estimate for a job.  That's great, don't get me wrong.  I'm extremely thankful, really.  We're just trying to figure out how to allow him to pursue the rapid expansion of his business without driving us both stark-raving mad.

Danny's saying more and more English words, which I have mixed feelings about.  I really want him to talk, but I really want him to talk in Spanish first.  I really have a hard time remembering to only speak Spanish with him, especially since I've been on my own for a month and now happens to be when his language is exploding.  Yesterday he looked at my friend's dog and said, "doggie!" just clear as day.  It was SO cute!

I've mostly figured out all my routines and how to get everything done and how to stay rested on my own now.  So I'm not overwhelmed or physically tired.  Just lonely.  I am reminded every time I get on the phone with certain family members, that I could always travel out there... the but thing is that (1) that would not be a break.  That would be an adventure and (2) I really want to have my family home.  Plus other work-related reasons.

Okay, this is getting depressing, so I'm going to go wash Danny and get dinner ready.

Don't anybody freak out on me, call my husband and demand that he come home, or anything else that involves major intervention.  I'm really okay.  I promise.  Just having a vulnerable bloggy moment with ya'll.  (You're welcome.)

I'll be back later with some great video of Danny and some new moves.

No comments: