Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

November 21, 2010

Enough Whining

I just got my heart broken and I bawled my eyes out.  I just caught up on reading Katie's blog

Just. Go. Read. It.

Here I sit whining and grumpy because finances are tight while she and her children fight poverty tooth and nail.  Literally. 

I wept at my own selfishness.  Oh, poor me, with a sore back and tight muscles because I spent all day privileged to work in my heeled Steve Maddens, earning good money at a career that I love.  Meanwhile, women and their children die a slow agonized death of starvation because they refuse to go another day prostituting themselves. 

Did you know that if you earned only $2200 last year, you are richer than 85% of the entire world's population?  Check it out

I heard today that in the U.K., Christians don't ask for their burdens to be lifted, but rather, they ask for God to strengthen them to be able to lift their burdens. 

I'll go ahead and admit right now that I haven't been on Katie's blog in a while, because well, it's just plain hard to read.  It's hard to hear.  It's hard to know.  Lord, let me not turn my eyes from your beloved anymore. 

Learn to do good.
Seek justice.
Help the oppressed.
Defend the cause of orphans.
Fight for the rights of widows.

I asked for an attitude change yesterday.  I got it.  Now I don't know what to do about it.



THE MINISTRY STARTED BY THE WOMAN
WHO MOTHERS 14 CHILDREN IN UGANDA...