Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

November 10, 2010

Boycott Amazon

I'm not involved in the political scene hardly at all.  I barely know what's going on in the world, because we choose not to pay for tv in our home.  We live in a hole and we like it that way.  I search the internet for how to vote and when something disastrous or globally impacting is happening in the world, we find out through radio or word-of-mouth.  I'm pretty vocal about my stance on issues here on this blog - well, if I get around to taking the time to write about it.  But I am not one to forward emails. 

When this blog post hits my inbox, I'm going to forward it to everyone in my email contacts list.  Every single one. 

Today I read on my friend's blog, about an issue that cannot be ignored and that my friends and family are about to get really annoyed with me about because I will simply not shut up about this one. 

Sarah wrote: 

Did y'all know that you can self-publish on Kindle? I think that's pretty cool, and I might have considered that option for my book if it weren't for one very specific book they are carrying at the moment.

The Pedophile's Guide to Love and Pleasure

Unfortunately, this isn't a joke. At the moment, Amazon.com would rather be associated with rape than with censorship. With the holidays coming up, I think those coveted Christmas dollars could change their minds.

If you are on board with boycotting anything associated with Amazon.com until this book is removed from the Kindle store, please help me spread the word!

Click here for more information.
Both Sarah and I have seen the book's sales page with our own eyes, but chose not to include a direct link in our posts. Click here to learn what companies are owned by Amazon.  I am committed not to spend a single penny of my money with Amazon or any of their owned companies until this book is removed from the Kindle store.  This is not going to be easy, but I won't support a company that puts our children in danger.  And that's exactly what making this book available is doing.  Make no mistake about it. 

Would you consider joining me?   Tweet and post on Facebook.  Subscribe to my blog via email and forward this post to everyone you know.  If you subscribe after 10pm tonight and would like this post sent to your email so you can share it with your friends, let me know in the comments section and I'll send it to you directly. 

Please also join me in prayer that the message would get through to Amazon loud and clear and fast. 

Thank you in advance,