Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

October 17, 2011

Our neighbor has an apple tree. 


Therefore, we have APPLES.  Lots.

So last week for our date night, we stayed up until 1 a.m. 


Alejandro made apple pie from scratch.  The crust and everything.  
Seriously?  What guy does amazing stuff like that.  He's so cool.  


He insisted I zoom in on the caramel-ish juicy stuff in the pie before he covered it and put it in the oven.


I made apple preserves. 


And then Alejandro made this scrumptious invention with leftover pie dough.  There's turkey, cheese and butter in that thing.  Holy Moley was it uh-may-zing.


Behold.


It was definitely one of the best date nights ever.


Or at least, one of the most delicious.  ;-)

{Look for the recipes over at MiCocina shortly.  
Or, ok, have lots of patience with me, 
while I get around to posting them, 
but I do promise I will.  I promise.}