Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

October 19, 2011

Surprised

So October is crazy for us.  CRAZY.  I totally love it!  But it IS crazy.

Every October, we celebrate Alejandro's birthday, our wedding anniversary, a Mary Kay retreat, and Halloween, all packed within two and a half weeks.  So I have loads and loads of pictures to share with you.  If I could only get on the computer to share them!  So yeah, crazy.

A couple of months ago, Alejandro casually said, "Can I be in charge of our anniversary weekend this year?"  "Um, absolutely!" I said.  Well, guess what?!  This weekend, Alejandro is whisking me away to some unknown (to me) destination to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary.

I am So.Stinking.Excited.  I can't even stand it.  He just plopped this on the bed next to me:


It's a packing list.


So far I know I'm supposed to bring comfortable clothing, in layers, prepared to get dirty, prepared to go mountain biking, also prepared for some semi-nice evenings out, prepared with books and relaxing down-time activities, and prepared to be completely swept off my feet.  


Every now and then I pinch myself and realize that I married a Costa Rican really hot Latino man, whose first language is Spanish, giving him the sexiest accent ever, who adores spoiling me rotten.  Um, really God?  You rock my world.  I mean, I couldn't have thought up something better.

Ok, I'll stop gushing now.

Maybe.

Anyway, so I've decided to share tidbits of the details as I get them, so ya'll can be surprised along with me, but the rule is NO GUESSING.  In fact I'm not even gonna read any blog comments until Monday, just to make sure no one spills the beans.  I understand some of you are in on this.  ;)

Now, off to watch a movie before a frenzied day of packing and such.  Have a great night!



P.S.  On a completely different subject, if you are wondering about the progress on sending Hailey to the Mayo Clinic, just click on over to Robin's blog.  Or you can check the top of this blog.  The chip-in widget wasn't working at all, so I took it down.  As of October 19th at 11 p.m., we have somewhere between $500 and $1,000 raised for her trip.  We got it working!  THANK YOU to those of you who are giving, praying, helping and sharing.  :-D