Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

October 8, 2011

First Snowfall

So today is the first snowy day of the season and all of Colorado is in an uproar.  Half, because we love it, and half, because they hate it.  Can you tell which camp I'm in?  We live in Colorado.  You know, where it snows?  At the foot of the Rocky Mountains?  Yeah.  So if you don't like it, you should probably move.  Ahem.  

Anyway, where was I?  Oh yes, the first snowy day of the season.  And despite the fact that it snows every year, I still run around each year with the camera, taking pictures as if I've never seen white stuff falling from the sky before.  

I could blame it on the fact that I have a two year old who realizes this is a new and special occurrence and is entranced as much as his two parents, but the truth is that I'd run around doing the same thing even if he weren't around.  And I did.  For five years.  I could also blame it on the fact that I'm from Southern California, but after six years in Colorado, that excuse kind of wears thin.  So instead I'll just gladly own the fact that it doesn't matter how many years in a row it snows for the first time sometime in October or November, I'm always enchanted.  

And this year it was extra special since Danny could enjoy it and get just as excited as us!  


"Danny!  Look!  It's snowing!  Look outside!!  ...Um, and then let Mama wipe your hands off because apparently she hasn't dusted since last winter."  Note to self:  Self, dust.  Okay.  Maybe tomorrow.






"I know you're cold.  Just look at Mama for one second, while she snaps your picture.  Then we can stop this insanity and go back inside where it's warm."



Sipping tea and enjoying this winter wonderland before it melts by 3p.m., because this is Colorado and by Monday it'll probably be warm enough to eat lunch on the now-snow-covered-deck,