Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

March 27, 2011

I Haven't Fallen Off The Planet

It's been a week since Alejandro got home and I'm still wondering what on earth happened to all of my routine, organization, motivation and structure.  Oh yeah.  It went out the window.

Sigh.  

So let's see...  Danny's been sick (he's had diarrhea) since Alejandro got home.  Ok, actually he's had excessively loose stools for the past I-don't-even-remember-how-long.  Months and months.  Add to that a tummy virus that he got last weekend and that's taken us to urgent care, the E.R., his pediatrician, and the lab twice.  He's being tested for allergies and all sorts of digestive problems and I'm really hoping we can get to the bottom of this.  He did a blood test (which he was very brave through - the nurses were so impressed that he actually smiled at them before leaving) and a stool sample (which I had the pleasure of collecting and taking to the lab.  Tomorrow he'll get an ultrasound at the bright early hour of 6:30 a.m.  Oh joy.  There aren't any foods that seem to help or worsen the situation, so I'm baffled and all sorts of scary possibilities are making their way into my problem-solving mind.

Anyway, hopefully by Wednesday we can start to get some answers.  I'm just ready for my little one to be fully healthy again.

Danny is still generally a really happy and obedient kid.  He just sometimes gets very cranky.  I've never had an almost-two-year-old before so I don't know if how he's acting is normal or not.  But my gut feeling (which I generally trust) is that he's more cranky than he would normally be if he weren't dealing with a health issue.

Let's see...  What else has been going on?

Some yummy recipes that I'm looking forward to sharing with you, including sushi and a blow-torch.

Also, Beth is hitting lots of obstacles.  That's to be expected - spiritual opposition, that is - but it's hard.  She was able to start a Mary Kay business (she collected money for a starter kit through sales) but she still needs a 2nd job.  Her boyfriend (who is no longer her boyfriend) hit her and her tire blew out on the same night last week and yesterday her daughter went to the E.R. with strep.  On the bright side, I'm incredibly impressed at her budding spiritual maturity, as she learns to listen to and seek God in her struggles.  She told her 9 year old daughter (who was mad at her) to quit screaming, look out the window and talk to God.  When her daughter asked sarcastically if that worked for her, she said, "Yes, actually it does, but you have to open your heart to Him and listen to what He's saying to you."  Simple truths will take us a long way sometimes.

What else...  Please pray and help us spread the word about Alejandro's work.  Do you know anyone who needs something fixed, built, remodeled, or painted?  Big or small, please send them our way.  We'd really appreciate it.

And my work...  Well, it's a battle of the mind.  I'm not sure if that makes sense to any of you at all.  My business is doing very well this month in terms of recruiting, but low in terms of selling and gaining customers.  God is really using me in the lives of the women I'm meeting, and I'm SO excited for what my team is doing and how they are growing personally!  Amidst all of the transitions at our house and Danny's health issues, and the fact that my schedule, routine, motivation and structure went out the window...  Well, my business always suffers when that happens.  The bottom line, though?  God is blessing the work I am doing.  He's working through my relationships with my team.  I'm a stay-at-home mom for my son.  Those are three huge things to be thankful for.

Alright, I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I've become hopelessly addicted to Gray's Anatamy.  I know.  It's terrible.  Especially after all my talk about making sure what goes in is positive.  Garbage in, garbage out.  I've gotta' cut myself off.  It's part of what's making my structure go out the window.

And truth be told, it's sort of hard getting used to being back together.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm SO VERY GLAD Alejandro is home.  It's just a little challenging.  I re-learned how to do things so I'd thrive while he was gone.  Now I've gotta' undo all that re-learning.  So I'm re-re-learning. Amazing how many habits you can establish in only 10 weeks.

Our dog Toby is happy and healthy and barking at every squirrel and bird that passes by.

Spring is here and we are enjoying snatches of time outside when it's warm enough.  Yesterday we went to the park and built a fort in Danny's bedroom and watched Veggie Tales and played Legos inside it with him.

Oh!  And speaking of lack of structure!  I just realized what time it is and I have two ladies coming over for facials in an hour.  I guess I'd better get myself cleaned up and looking like a beauty consultant.  ;-)

No comments: