Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

October 1, 2010

Stream Of Consciousness


***Be forewarned, this post contains plenty of TMI and talk of poop, so if you're queasy or male you might not want to read on. You are welcome to, but don't say I didn't warn you!


I'm sitting here in my chair in Danny's room soaking up the last remnants of warm sunny weather through the window before Autumn takes over completely. Is it really already October first? And do I really already have a 15-month-old?

I should go grab my laptop to write and a box of tissue to blow my nose but I'm just way too tired, sick and lazy to get up and do that right now. So I'm pecking this out on my phone and blowing my nose in Danny's baby burp rags - which he has outgrown but which I haven't put away because one of his favorite games is pulling them out of the basket one by one. (That was a run-on sentence and a half!) Since yesterday, ALL THREE OF US in the Chinchilla Porras household are sick. And if there's one thing worse than having a sick kid, it's being sick and having a sick kid.

On top of the fun of explosive diarrhea diapers and a sleepless night, I got to go get my annual pap smear today. Which is my absolute favorite thing to do! (Not.) But my doctor is fabulous and he cracks me up and somehow makes me forget what I'm doing spread eagle with my feet in stirrups. Plus he always gives Danny plenty of attention and smiles.

My poor little guy is just dragging himself around he's so tired! In the middle of playing he lays down on the floor, sticks his thumb in his mouth and touches his eyelashes for a few minutes. No, our son doesn't rub his eyes when he's tired. He caresses his eyelashes... Which, by the way, are disgustingly long and gorgeous like his Papa's. It is just beyond cute.

----Oops! Danny just came over and wanted my attention and my phone so I guess that's the end of that post... I'll see if I can come back later with something better. :) 'Cuz this is probably one of the worst posts I've written! Oh well, at least the picture was sort of all right.

Renee