Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

June 12, 2010

Saving Time. Or Wasting It. You Decide.

As I sit cozy in my sweats (I am absolutely loving this cold gloomy rainy weather), enjoying some left-over enchilada goodness and re-heated Costa Rican coffee, I decided you all need to know one of my most amazing time-saving tricks.

Yes of course re-heated coffee and enchiladas go well together. You should try it some time. The enchiladas I mean.

Anyway, my time saving trick has to do with the microwave - which is ALREADY a great time saver. (What am I talking to a group of people in the 1970's?!) Here's what I do: I always warm things up using only one numerical digit. For example I warmed my coffee for 66 seconds. I warm baby food for 22 seconds. I warmed my soup for 99 seconds and I warmed my enchilada for 2 minutes, 22 seconds. And when baking a potato? 5 minutes 55 seconds.

Brilliant huh?!

Think of all the lost miliseconds we spend lifting out fingers from the 2 to press the 0. Or from the 3 to press the 5. A few more seconds in the microwave doesn't hurt the food I'm eating and I figure that with this little strategy of mine, by adding up all the miliseconds I'm saving, I'm adding like 20 whole seconds to my week!

That's time enough for three whole deep cleansing breaths! (Which I need to deal with my very high profile stressful lifestyle. Or something.)

Aren't you so impressed with my laziness time-saving brilliance?

You're very welcome.

And with that, I'm going to go do something useful like organize my socks.

And don't you make fun of me! Some of you are going to start heating your food using one numerical digit!