Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

September 23, 2011

Privileged

This morning, for whatever reason, I'm feeling tired and frazzled, pulled in a million directions.  Chaotic.  Before I even got out of bed, I'd already snapped at my husband and was impatient with my son (who happened to be climbing all over me, dragging me out of a deep sleep).  I was not a happy camper.

In that grace-filled and blessed moment, the Spirit spoke to me and reminded me that I am privileged.

I recently joined a Maximize Your Mornings accountability group.  I have a whole group of 25 new friends who all wake up together and check in with each other, encouraging one another in the Lord.  I joined this group, because I find it difficult to get up early, but on the few occasions that I do, I have much more peaceful, productive days.

Sometimes as stay-at-home-moms, we fall into believing the lie that our life is so hard and children take so much energy and we do so much and on and on and on.  Well, we DO do so much, and it DOES take so much energy.

BUT.

But the thing is that we are privileged to be at home with our children, doing what we do.  There are millions of moms in the world who wake up at the crack of dawn each day, shower and put on a suit, take their children to daycare and kiss them goodbye for eight hours, because they have no choice.  There are millions of moms in the world who wake up before the sun, clean, cook, strap their babies on their backs and head to the field to work.  There are millions of moms in the world who wake up each morning with an ache in their chest because the toddler they thought would be crawling all over them, dragging them out of a deep sleep, has long since gone to heaven ahead of them.

We are blessed.  We are privileged.  We are gifted to wake up each morning to climbing toddler, whines for breakfast, tantrums because there was milk when they wanted juice, and tears and kisses on their owies.

It occurred to me in that moment that it's a little twisted that I have to join an accountability group for help to get up early, when really I should give shouts of joy and thanks for the privilege of getting up early every morning for my little one.  Nevertheless, we all have our own battles, and for this, God gives us one another.

So as I sat there in bed, before my feet hit the floor, and I decided to give thanks.  Ask forgiveness.  Start over.  Choose joy