Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

July 27, 2009

Not Me Monday... In the House of the Sleep Deprived

This is Not Me Monday, created by MckMama. It's one of my favorite posts on other blogs, so I thought I'd give it a try:


Here goes... 

During my labor, I did NOT become the psycho pregnant woman you heard hollering at the top of her lungs from down the hall.  Nope.  That was not me.  I would never do that. 

Today, I did not give my baby son a pacifier five minutes after vowing he'd go the afternoon without it, simply because he stuck out that (absolutely irresistible) lower lip of his. 


I am not at the moment foregoing a much-needed nap because I am not completely addicted to blogs (both others and mine).  I have not spent the last week reading the entirety of a good friends' blog - like from 2007.  Nope, I didn't do that.  Because I didn't have other important things to do.  I did not read a blog post about contentment and then proceed to fervently covet my friend's gift of contentment, because I have not always struggled with wanting more than I have. 

Yesterday I did not pull out the Bumbo seat - designed for babies who can SIT UP and put my newborn in it!  Think he's ready?  ...Ok, I guess he still has a little room to grow into it! 


I did not choose to eat chocolate cream pie for breakfast last week instead of bran cereal, and I definitely did not serve myself an additional helping of my Mom's cheesy lasagna a few days ago, even though the cheese seems to be making me sick because it TASTED SO GOOD!  Furthermore, I did not mix up a batch of chocolate chip cookie dough without the eggs just so that I could eat the dough, with absolutely no intention of cooking the cookie dough into cookies.  And lastly my husband and I did not spend $9.00 (ridiculous!) on ice cream cones in Manitou Springs last weekend.  Oh, and I didn't get any ice cream on Danny either. 

 

I did not laugh when my baby son looked so cute crying. 


I did not cry today because he looked so adorable asleep and JUST BECAUSE HE'S MINE. 


I didn't catch myself with him in the mirror and ask myself, "Whose is that brown baby?  Certainly he couldn't belong to that pale woman!" 


I did not step on the scale again hoping it showed a smaller number than this morning and that somehow five more pounds had miraculously shed themselves between 6 a.m. and noon (despite the chocolate cream pie, ice cream, and cookie dough). 

I did not rejoice and even brag to my co-workers about 4 the consecutive hours of sleep that I got one night, as if that were a lot.  And I'm not still blogging instead of napping like I should.  ...and like Danny is...


These are things I would never do.  Why not?  Because I mostly certainly am NOT a sleep-deprived, crazy woman living the somewhat totally chaotic but absolutely fabulous life as mom-of-a-one-month-old.  Ok, so maybe I am.  Wink  So sue me. 

p.s.  He's four weeks tomorrow!  Who do you think won the resemblance contest? 





Personally, I think Alejandro wins, hands down!