Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

September 15, 2012

6 Weeks, 6 Days

So, yup, I'm pregnant!  :-D  Thank you all so much for your well wishes and prayers and celebrations!!  We are pretty stinkin' excited around here!!

So, I'm due (according to my own calculations) on May 2nd.  My mom and aunt are ecstatic about this, since it's their birthday!  (They are twins.)  My first appointment is next week, and I'm most excited to hear that little heart-beat and find out if indeed there are one or two babies inside.  For some reason, this time, I would not be the least bit surprised if it IS twins.

Freaked out, absolutely.  Surprised, not so much.

But let's not put the cart ahead the horse, shall we?  I'll let you know when I know.  ;-)

As for the gender, I will be so incredibly excited, no matter which it is!  I LOVE being the mom of a boy.  And I LOVE the idea of getting to be the mom of a girl, too.  And if I had to choose, I'd seriously not know what to pick.  So, like I said, I'll be stoked and not the teensiest bit disappointed, no matter what!

I'm feeling really good these days!  I'm - wait let me look at the app on my phone - 6 weeks and 6 days pregnant.  Dontcha' love technology!?  I'm in WAY better physical fitness than I was last pregnancy, so I think that's helping me a lot.  I have had very little nausea, although my gag reflex is quite sensitive.  I just about lost it in Subway today when describing something gross to my husband.  And forget cleaning out the refrigerator.  I become completely dysfunctional between 1p.m. and 4p.m. each and every afternoon.  Fortunately, this is Danny's nap time.  Unfortunately, this is when I used to work.  So, I'm having to do a little re-structuring of my day.  Okay, a lot, actually.  I am sore in all the most predictable places and I'm already sleeping with a pillow between my knees.  I see a chiropractor regularly and exercise 3 times a week, so that makes a HUGE difference!  I absolutely LOVE my chiropractor!  The woman has a serious gift of healing.  You can check her out here.  I have to pee constantly, and carrying Danny is becoming uncomfortable.  Not to mention my clothes.  Uncomfortable.  I've already got quite the little bump.  Well, it's noticeable to ME, at least.  ;-)

(It took me 10 or 12 weeks to get to this last time!)

Danny's noticing the growth of my tummy as well.  Today he spontaneously came up to me and patted my abdomen with his right hand.  He said, "Mama, please be careful.  The baby's growing and growing!"  It was too cute for words!  Then he said that the baby is "this big!" and held his hands about a foot apart.  Then we told him the baby was actually about "this big," holding our fingers about half an inch apart.  He seemed sort of in awe about that.

Then at Subway, he said, "Mama's tummy is getting bigger and bigger!"

He definitely understands there's a baby inside!  I think one of the funnest thing about this is going to be watching Danny's understanding grow and change.  I am loving this process already!!