Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

April 4, 2013

36 Weeks

Beautiful Baby,

Well, it seems it's almost time, and you and I are both rather impatient. I'm hoping that is not an indication of your growing-up character. But if it is, I think I will be able to identify. There are so many things in life to look forward to, and the assumed wise advice to, ”enjoy the journey,” is rarely dispensed except for when one is sitting around waiting through something less than enjoyable. Say, for instance, the last few weeks of pregnancy.

But anyway, for now, it's important to stay put and cook in there for two more weeks. I've got quite a lot of work to do out here before I'm ready for you. Your bedroom is still our office. Your clothes are still all put away and stored with your big brother's name on them. (Well, except for a few new items that are only yours.) Your brother still sleeps in what will be your bed, and no one's bags are packed yet.

My body, however, is getting ready, and I am 50% effaced and 1 cm dilated. Back pain has finally joined the ranks of pregnancy symptoms I'm experiencing. You have squished your little body into my pelvis, causing the ”drop” that everyone talks about. Oh and I'm EXHAUSTED. Grammy has the word to hurry up and get here and her plane ticket is in her virtual hand. If I know her well, her bags are much more packed and ready than mine!

 But hang out in there just a bit longer, sweet baby. I'm not quite ready for you yet.



Love,
Mama