Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

May 13, 2011

Pinch Me

This evening at 7:30 p.m., my son started asking to go to bed. He gladly came in from outside. He asked to go upstairs. I gave him his pacifier and took off his wet diaper. Before putting on the clean one, he said, "Pee pee!?" and he ran into the bathroom and asked to be put on the potty to "try." After making the cutest scrunchy face you ever have seen (that's how he "tries"), he signed "all done." After the diaper was back on, before he eagerly bounced in for his Papa to brush his teeth, he helped me pick up his Legos and put them away without my suggesting it. After teeth-brushing, he laid his head on Papa's shoulder while we prayed and after we put him in bed he rolled over, curled up on his side while he hugged his blanket and closed his eyes to try to sleep.

No, I am not exaggerating one tiny little detail of the 10 minutes it took him to go from outside to in-bed-with-the-door-closed-and-quiet.

Pinch me. I have given birth to an angel.

And remind me of this next time he's screaming at bedtime.

No comments: