Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

May 20, 2011

Bug

If it seems like I've been sort of absent from my blog the last couple of months...  well, it's probably because I have.  

Sort of.  

Anyone know what mono is?  Actually, it's technical name is infectious mononucleosis which sounds more like the Bubonic Plague than the common virus that it actually is.  If you REALLY want to know all about it, just click here. But in a nut-shell, it's a virus.  So, like a common cold, it must run it's course and cannot be treated with antibiotics.  Unlike most other viruses, it does not go away in 2 or 3 days. It takes 2 or 3 months and during that time you can feel anything from sick-as-a-dog-feel-like-you've-got-strep-throat to just sort of run-down.  Most commonly, fatigue sets in and saps all your energy.

You guessed it.  I have mono.

At least, we're 90% sure I do.  If I don't, I've definitely got something.

To put everyone's mind at ease who I've spent time with in the last 3 months, it's not contagious unless I kiss you.  I don't plan on kissing very many of you.  And even if I did kiss you, 95% of you have already been exposed sometime in your life and have the antigen anyway.

I just get the lucky (and fairly rare) experience of going through a re-activation of the virus.  Re-activation because I'm 90% sure I had it in high school too.

And there is more medical information about me than you ever wanted to know.

I probably came down with this booger of a bug sometime around the end of Alejandro's stay in California  and I'm probably (hopefully) on the tail-end of it now.  Remember how I kept saying I was sick?  And so tired of being sick again? Yeah.

It was about a month ago that I finally had some lab work done and about two weeks ago that I finally got the diagnosis.  Sigh.

So that's what's going on with me.  That's why I've been fairly absent to this blog. I miss it.  I really do.  I feel like my creative energy has been zapped out of me.  I have felt better this week than past weeks, but today the mono bug kicked my rear and I'm at home while Alejandro is at church.  I just needed to rest.  I'm a pretty high energy, active person so this stinks big time for me.  It's not ruining everything, but it sure stinks and I'm sure ready to be over it.  So would ya'll mind praying, please?

Thanks.  I love you guys.

No comments: